Thursday, July 5, 2012

Pizza! Pizza!

I saw someone eating a slice of pepperoni pizza that looked loaded with fat and salt.  The crust was stuffed and I saw cheese oozing out of the sides.  It was so greasy that it was dripping down her arm.  How could she eat that slice of death in public..............and not share with anyone?  Come on, dude!  That's so rude.  Ha! I made a little poem there; did you catch my genius....dude...rude?  *Sigh* This is why I'm not a comedian for a living.

You can stop mentally judging me now.  I've put that joke behind me, but I was still thinking about that pizza days after I witnessed her euphoric face after having her first bite.  I have a few local pizza places that serve some awesome pizza.  However, they don't deliver and I was too lazy to drive.  Plus, too much fatty pizza is not good for my skin or my waist line.  This recipe is a healthier alternative that still feels like indulgence.

Ingredients

1 jar of pizza sauce
1/4 cup of Kraft Natural Shredded 2% Milk Reduced Fat Mozzarella Cheese
Diced yellow peppers
Diced red peppers
Diced green peppers
Diced onions
1/4 can of mushrooms diced
Turkey pepperoni slices
1 garlic clove
Italian Seasoning
Pepper
McCormick Garlic Seasoning
Flat Bread or Low-Carb thin pizza crust
Butter or Butter cooking spray




Make your own photo slideshow at Animoto.


Directions

1. Preheat Oven to 425 degrees or whatever temperature it states on your packaged crust/flat bread.

2. Take the garlic clove and rub generously all over the crust

3. Sprinkle Italian seasoning on the crust and then 1 whole serving of pizza sauce (make sure to read your label for the serving size) making sure to leave the edges bare.

4. Sprinkle garlic seasoning, pepper and Italian seasoning on top.

5. Add your cheese, veggies, and 1 whole serving of pepperoni slices (read your label for the serving size)

6. Spray the bare edges with a butter spray or one teaspoon of melted butter

7. Place on a sheet of heavy foil and bake for 20-25 minutes



Smooches!

No comments:

Post a Comment