Friday, August 10, 2012

Toufayan Bakeries

I absolutely adore the products that this company makes.  It's not terribly expensive and their products are made right here in the United States of America.

I was actually introduced to this product by happenstance.  My father asked me to make him some spaghetti and garlic bread.  I was happy to do so because my parents love when I prepare that meal for them.  However, my mom always seemed disappointed that she could only have a small portion of garlic bread. Bread contains carbohydrates and sugars that are not healthy for diabetics to consume in great quantities.

I went to my neighborhood market and asked a woman in the bakery what type of bread she would recommend for a diabetic.  She pointed me in the direction of this pita bread made by Toufayan Bakeries.  The low-carb pita bread contains 0 grams of sugar and only 16 grams of total carbohydrates.  I made the garlic pita bread that night and since then, I've used many of their varieties and have never been disappointed.

Here is the recipe for the garlic-herb butter that I spread on my pita bread.

Ingredients

1 Package of Toufayan Bakeries pita bread (any variety)
3 Tablespoons of I Can't Believe It's Not Butter (softened)
1 Tablespoon and 1 teaspoon of garlic powder
1 Teaspoon of dried parsley flakes
1 Teaspoon of dried basil leaves



Make your own photo slideshow at Animoto.

Directions

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees

2. Mix butter, garlic, and herbs in a small bowl

3. Line a baking pan with non-stick aluminum foil

4. Spread the garlic-herb butter on top of the pita bread and place onto the baking pan

5. Bake for 7 minutes and then change the oven temperature to broil

6. Broil for 1-2 minutes or until the pita bread crisps along the edges



Smooches!

No comments:

Post a Comment