Thursday, August 2, 2012

Shh...I've Got Some Pot.......Roast

Word on the e-streets is that I have some pot...roast.  I'm telling you man, one hit of this and you'll be high as a kite. I don't want to brag but people always come back for more after I let them sample a taste.  I can let you try it for free this time, but if you like it, you'll have to give me a little cash.  Oh, you think you're ready to try this pot...roast?  Now I'm not so sure that you can handle it, because this is for the boys and girls in the big leagues.  You seem to still be wet behind the ears.  But since you asked so nicely, I'll oblige your request.

Ingredients:

1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1/4 cup butter
1/4 cup of water
3 1/2 lbs rump roast
1 (10.75 ounce) can condensed cream of mushroom soup
1 small onion course chopped
1 snack pack size of baby carrots
Ground pepper/garlic powder/seasoned salt to taste


Make your own slide show at Animoto.



Directions

1. Preheat Oven to 325 degrees and melt butter in a large frying pan using medium-high heat

2. Thoroughly wash your rump roast and trim excess fat

3. In a mixing bowl, combine flour, seasoned salt, garlic powder and pepper.  I used around 1/4 of a teaspoon of each seasoning.

4. Completely dredge the rump roast in the flour making sure to shake off the excess flour.  Place in the frying pan and brown on each sides.  Once browned, place in a casserole dish with a lid.

5. In mixing bowl, combine the mushroom soup, onion soup mix, water, and onions and pour over the roast

6. Cover and bake for 3 hours.

7. Add carrots and bake until the onions are softened.  You could also add green beans/potatoes to truly make this a one pot meal.


Smooches!

No comments:

Post a Comment