Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Fruit This Summer

I did not get the chance to plant a garden this Summer so I missed that thrill of eating something fresh out of your own garden.  Without a doubt, everything and anything that you've grown on your own tastes 1000% better than anything and everything ever known to man.  This is #fact.

I searched high and low for some sweet and flavorful fruit and I was disappointed so much this season.  I believe this is the first Summer that I didn't have any watermelon, cantaloupe, or honey dew that made my heart flutter.  I've had a few fresh pineapples that were more sour than sweet.  I can't even begin to tell you how many berries and grapes I purchased that had no flavor what-so-ever.

As a person who is not into cakes, pies, and the like, my sweet tooth started to get fed with Debbie Cakes, soda pop, and fruit-flavored candy.  While they served it's purpose, I was not satisfied with any of those things.  They were way too sweet.  I started to feel like I was in a Alfred Hitchcock book and someone was trying to kill me slowly by sprinkling poisoning over my food and in my drinks.

I don't want to have another Summer like this one.  Next time the warm gardening season gears up I'm going to be ready.  I hope to have the space to plant a fruit tree or two.  If the crops I buy out of the grocery store aren't going to be sweet enough to calm my sweet tooth cravings, then I'll just make it so that I have no one to blame but myself if my fruit doesn't come out right.


Smooches!

No comments:

Post a Comment